Step 1: Remove the seat. Unfasten the 3 screws at the bottom of the seat. You will also see a
foam guard once the seat is removed. Remove the foam as well.
Step 2: Start pulling the controller out.Let’s disconnect the wires in order:
- Unplug the big yellow connectors
- Disconnect the thick yellow, blue and green cables (motor wires)
- Unplug the huge white connector with couple of wires
Note: If you have the older FIIDO, you will start disconnecting and reconnecting all the GREEN
WIRES. If you have the new one, you will disconnect and reconnect all the BLUE wires.
If you notice, most of the connections have glued. This is to help waterproof the connection and
secure the connection as well. You can use a pick to remove the glue but be careful not to
damage the wires.
Tip: Best to bring a phone with you for the next steps so can take a picture of how the
connection looks like before unplugging them.
Step 3: Unplug the wires Green, black, blue, red connected to Green, black, white, red
- Unplug the Black white cable connected to blue and white cable
- Unplug the black, black, yellow cable connected to the Yellow brown cable.
- Unplug the black, black, yellow, yellow cable connected to Black Yellow cable
- Unplug the black yellow cable connected to black yellow cable (mark this black yellow
- cable coming from the FIIDO to make sure that you’ll be connecting it with the right
- controller cable later on. You can use a tape to mark the cable)
- Unplug the Black Green White cable connected to Black yellow red cable.
- Unplug the green green white cable connected to Red yellow green cable
Step 4: Disconnect the alarm system which is Red Black Green Cable connected to the Red
black orange controller cable
Step 5: Get the new controller and start plugging the wires.
- Replug the black black yellow yellow to black yellow
- Connect the marked black yellow wire to the black yellow cables from the controller.
- Reconnect the black black yellow and connect it to Yellow Brown
- Reconnect the Black white cable to Blue white cable
- Reconnect the blue black blue red cable to Green black white red cable
- Reconnect the Black white green cable to Black yellow red cable
- Reconnect the Blue Green white to Red yellow green
- Reconnect the Red Black Blue cable to Red black orange cable
- Leave the last cable unplugged
Step 6: Replug the large white connector.
- Replug the big yellow connector.
- Replug the motor cables
Before you put everything back, make sure that everything is working by checking the alarm, twisting the throttle, using the brakes and switching the lights.