Tools used during the process:
- Allen Wrench Set
- Small Mallet
- Needle nose pliers
- Small Scissors
- Electrical tape
How to remove the old lights:
Step 1: Get the new fender first. Look for the wires with exposed ends. There should be a pen sent to you along with the piece, make sure that the pen is on the red cable.
Step 2: The pen should have 2 sets of metal arms. The lower arm should be hugged to the red cable, just near the top.
Step 3: Take the needle nose pliers and squeeze the arms down and around the cable. Make sure that it properly holds.
Step 4: Once the wires are tight and squeezed, cut the excess wires. Fold the wires down, grab a pair of scissors and cut the excess wires.
Step 5: Fold the scooter down and open the deck cover in front of the scooter where the controller lies.
Step 6: Pull the cables and controller out of the deck. This is where we disconnect the wires. Here are the wires that needs to be disconnected:
- Unplug the one with a large yellow connector (the battery).
- Unplug the Yellow, Green and Blue motor connections.
- Unplug the charger. Look inside and you should see the red connection(Do this if you are replacing the lights on the charger port side)
- Unplug Black and red = blue and red wire (if you are replacing the lights on the charger port side.)
Step 7: Once all of those wires are unplugged, unscrew the side panel or the side fenders.
Step 8: When you open the fender you should see a cable running through the fender. Make sure that it is still connected so we can use it as a guide to connect the new side fender.
Step 9: Pull all the fender wires free from the controller. First, pull out the charger to give it enough wiggle room. Next we need to pull out the power button cable. Since it is still connected on the inside, Push the pin in the connector gently to remove the red cable. As for the black cable, you should see it wrapped with electrical tape. Remove the tape by cutting it to free the black cable.
Step 10: Get the new side fender and put it next to the old one. If you can recall, we have cables that were purposely left connected so we can use it as a guide. First, unplug the rear light of the old fender and connect it to the new one. Then, unplug and swap the front light.
Here’s how to replace the other side of the fender ( opposite to the charger port):
Step 1: Unscrew the fender.Once its down, take the new fender and feed the cable to hole where the old fender cable goes through.
Step 2: Push them into the deck and out of the other side.
Step 3: Unplug one of the old lights, and plug the new one with the matching color. Do the same for the next light.
Step 4: Completely remove the old fender out.
Step 5: Now all the lights are replaced, place everything back. Feed the charger cord back in the deck followed by the power button cable. Then, try to feed as much of the cable to the deck so we won't have issues placing the new fender and screwing it in.
Step 6: Secure the fender by placing the screws and tightening it.
Step 7: Now, let’s replug main cables.
- Look for the blue cable with the black Get the red wire that we removed from the connector earlier and place the red cable into the connector.
- Get the exposed red cable and twist it to the black Secure the connection with an electrical tape.
- Plug in the charging port ( the red connection on the inside)
- Plug the motor wires.Blue=blue, green= green, yellow= yellow
- Plug the red and blue cable pair into the black and red connections coming out of the controller. Red=red , blue=black.
- Plug the battery
Press the power button on the lights to make sure that it's working.If everything is good to go, feed the controller and wires in the deck and close the deck cover. Make sure to place the screws and tighten them.